Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Stephy Read Love Bites by Lynsay Sands

 

 

 
I did a half-assed review of this awhile back.
  

 About/Summary

Second book in the Argeneau series.

Etienne Argeneau is having a slight problem. Someone keeps trying to kill him. During one attempt, Pudge (the attempted murderer), fatally wounds Rachel Garrett.


Content/Trigger Warnings

Attempted Murder

Manipulation (Etienne feeds Rachel bad blood in an attempt to keep her around)

Sexual Content

Slight Non-Con (at a bar they have drinks that make vampires super horny and then have sex)

Dick biting (not even explaining this, it's a book about vampires, you can assume)

 


Characters

Main characters are Rachel Garrett and Etienne Argeneau.

Rachel is a coroner, Etienne a video game designer. Which, dude made a video game about vampires. Bit on the nose, innit?

Main characters are fine. They're great. But the real stars of the show are Thomas and Marguerite.

I adore Thomas. Just adore him.

And I fucking love Marguerite and her meddling ways.

 


Atmosphere/Setting

Takes place in... Canada?


Writing

I adore Lynsay Sands' writing. In my opinion it is the perfect blend of romance, spice and humor.


Plot

Main plot is the romance. Cause it's a romance book. The whole attempted murder thing is a sub-plot.

Both main plot and sub-plot are well done. Though, sometimes I did sort of forget there was a nerd out there that wanted Etienne dead.


Romance

Honestly, the romance is pretty predictable. But... that's part of why I read romance novels. Especially Happily Ever After romance novels. Things will happen, but it's fine, because these two are gonna kiss and live happily ever after.


How diverse is it?

Just a bunch of straight white people. 🤷


Overall Thoughts

I love this book and I love this series. Some bits are a bit cheesy. Some are predictable. But I still love it.

Also, there is a bit where Etienne's computers get destroyed and more than once having backups of files is mentioned. Which made me laugh and question if Lynsay Sands has made the mistake of not backing up her work.

I also really enjoy how the series connects. I have read some of them out of order before, but it is so much better reading them in order. I think it's fun to see what the main characters from previous books are doing. The main characters from the previous book are getting married in this one, by the way.

But yeah. Fun paranormal romance. Highly recommend to anyone that enjoys the genre.

 

That's all for this one.

Support me on Ko-fi


No comments:

Post a Comment