Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Stephy Read A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands

 Hello There!

First. I would like to formally apologize to Ryan for finishing this before finishing The Stand. As always when I read Stephen King, I needed something fluffy to break up the OH MY FUCKING GODS THIS IS HORRIBLE moments of terror. And I made a mistake. For the first two or three chapters of this book, I was switching off with The Stand. I would read a chapter of it, then a chapter of this. And then... This book sucked me in and it was all I read until I finished it... I am sorry. I will go back to the Stand now. 



“Birthdays could be such a bummer when you were older than the country you lived in.”

About/Summary

A Quick Bite is a paranormal romance written by Lynsay Sands. It was first published in 2005. And is the first in the Argeneau series of books. 

Lissiana Argeneau faints at the sight of blood. Which wouldn't be a problem, but she's a vampire. To help her with this, her mother kidnaps a psychologist. As one does.


Content/Trigger Warnings

Kidnapping

Sexual Content

Attempted murder

Blood

Mentions of mental abuse (not to or by the two main characters)


Characters

The main characters are Lissiana and Greg. And they are great. But the best character is Thomas. Love that boy. But this isn't Thomas's story, so I will refrain from gushing about how much I love him.

Lissianna is a vampire (or immortal). She has hemaphobia, and faints at the sight of blood. Vampires in this series drink from bagged blood, so that is quite the problem. She gets a job at a homeless shelter thinking she could feed from the people at the shelter, but that proves to be a bad idea. 

Greg is a psychologist who does a lot of work dealing with phobias. He is a workaholic whose family keeps trying to set him up with various women.

They were both solid characters. I really liked them.

A lot of characters that continue to show up throughout the series were introduced in this book. Most of them stick around for the entire book, a couple just show up for a chapter and then disappear. There are a few mortals in this book. Do not expect to ever see or hear from them again. They are unimportant.


Atmosphere/Setting

The book takes place in Canada. Toronto I wanna say... *looks at notes* Yep. Toronto. I did not have this in my notes. I looked on GoodReads.

Oh, and according to the first page, it takes place in November of 2000. Helpful. 

I didn't get much for either atmosphere or setting. 


Writing

I absolutely adore Lynsay Sands's writing. She puts, in my opinion, the right amount of humor in her books. I like a bit of humor in whatever I'm reading or watching. 

I do have one issue though... The phrase "she had curves in all the right places". I don't know why, but over the years I have grown to hate that phrase. It was used once in this book so I could roll my eyes and carry on. But gods, that phrase...


Plot

The plot is fun. Main plot is the romance. Or is the main plot the one with the attempted murder 🤔 Either way, fun plot. Well done with no plot holes. Though... What did happen to those dudes that tried to commit that murder... 🤔 Eh, I'm sure they're fine.


Romance

The romance is great. The series explains the instant love thing by saying all vampires have a Life Mate, someone they can't read or control. Which is cool. 


How diverse is it?

Not very. Just a bunch of straight, white Canadians really.


Overall Thoughts

This series is one of my favorite (if not my top favorite) series of books. This series is for sure my favorite romance books. I love these books. They are fun, easy reads with happy endings. I love how vampires were made in this series. It's different and interesting. I basically love everything about this book and the rest of the series. 
Don't pick this up expecting some masterpiece of literature. It's a fun romance novel. If you like fun romance novels with a good amount of humor, I highly recommend checking this book out.


I think that's all for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment