Wednesday, September 13, 2023

The Great Book Challenge

Hello there!

 I was hoping to have The Stand finished by this week. But... Well that would require me to go back to reading it. Which I will hopefully do today. So, no rambling about The Stand. 

Instead I'm gonna do this thing I found on Pinterest.

Searched around for the original posting for this. Got a lot of "this page doesn't exist" pages. Soooo... Yeah...
Time to ramble about books again. I do that a lot... 🤷🏻‍♀️



1. Favorite stand-alone 
I'm just going to go with Witch and Wombat by Carolyn Cushman.

2. Most wanted fandom item 
I'm not really sure. Like there are a lot of nerdy fandom things I want, but I lack the money and space for them. But I would love that life-size statue of Kakashi I saw online.

3. Currently reading 
The Stand by Stephen King, mostly. Okay, okay, fan-fiction mostly. But I'll get back to The Stand.

4. Most emotional death
Mordin... Wait. This is about books, not video games. Shit... Uhhh... *forgets every book character that has ever died*
 
5. Inspiring book quote 
“The really important thing to be was yourself, just as hard as you could.” 
-Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

6. Book that got you into reading 
Probably something by Dr. Suess.

7. Last book you bought 
physical book - Hamlet (No Fear Shakespeare edition) for my kid. 
digital book - 🤷🏻‍♀️ I got a bunch of free books for the Kindle that I don't remember the titles of. They only get filed in the memory banks after I read them and if I enjoy them.

8. Series you never finished 
Hmm... I haven't finished the Trials of Apollo yet. But I plan to. 

9. Fandom you want to join 
I'm think I'm all filled up on fandoms... 

10. Favorite place to read 
Curled up in bed. 

11. Recommend a book 
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Carrie by Stephen King
Simon vs. The Homosapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Witch and Wombat by Carolyn Cushman

12. Worst reading experience 
I have blocked those from my memory banks. I have vague memories of complaining to Ryan about books I didn't enjoy, but nothing specific. 

13. Your bookmark(s) 
I got a box of bookmarks. Yes, I do mostly use pieces of the boxes from my Funko Pops. I put clear contact paper on them so they're protected. 


14. Most underrated book 
Witch and Wombat by Carolyn Cushman (Hey, I really fucking love this book, okay)

15. Favorite quote 
“Life is too short to read books that I'm not enjoying.”
-Melissa Marr

16. Relatable character 
Kakashi Hatake from Naruto (hey, it was a manga before it was an anime, so he counts as a book character), because I also will read when I should be doing other things.

17. Favorite book universe
I'm going to go with the Riordan-verse which includes the Percy Jackson books as well as the Kane Chronicles, the Magnus Chase books, and I'm not sure but the ones by other writers I think also fit into the universe. I just find the whole ancient gods and goddesses still being around interesting and Rick Riordan did a really great job creating a universe with all of them.

18. Book that made you laugh
The Simpsons episode guide books?

19. Favorite IG fandom account 
I don't have one.

20. Best sequel 
Ugh. Seriously the only sequel I can think of right now is Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. Which is a great sequel. But there has to be others, right?

21. Book you read for school 
I once read Tale of the Body Thief by Anne Rice for a book report. I think I was in 7th grade?

22. Your guilty pleasure book 
I don't really have one.

23. Favorite casting choice
Umm... Sissy Spacek as Carrie in the original movie.

24. Old read 
Young Jedi Knights Series by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta?

25. Nook vs. traditional book 
Well... I don't have a Nook. I have a Kindle. And the Kindle app on my tablet. And honestly, I don't prefer either. There are pros and cons for traditional books and ebooks. 

26. Favorite reading snack/drink 
My bowl of snacks with a soda usually

27. Funniest line from a book 
“Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked. This is because most books on witchcraft are written by men."
Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch

28. Your Hogwarts house 
... Ravenclaw... Shut up.

29. Local bookshop 
We don't have one. The closest book store to me is Barnes and Noble which is at least a 35-minute drive. 

30. Saddest book ending
Pretty much any Stephen King book. Cause everyone fucking dies.



Well, I think that's good enough. I got this all filled out in a day, which is unusual for me cause I like to overthink everything. 

Do you have a book related question for me? Leave me a comment or find me on social media.

Support me on Ko-Fi (so I can buy more books)

No comments:

Post a Comment