Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Stephy Reading Challenge - Book 4

 


Deep Kiss of Winter
featuring "Untouchable" by Kresley Cole and "Tempt Me Eternally" by Gena Showalter

Sooo... I might have climbed a stack of books to reach the top shelf of one of my bookcases so I could read this one so I didn't have to leave the Immortals After Dark universe quite yet. No regrets.

Untouchable is about Murdoch Wroth and Daniela. Murdoch is a vampire, Daniela is a Valkyrie that is part ice fey. Murdoch was a... Well... he was a manwhore back in his mortal days. Daniela cannot have skin-to-skin contact due to her ice fey heritage. So... Match made in heaven? 

There is a lot of conflict in their relationship, but in the end it all works out. 
The story takes place in the background of some of the other books in the series, so there is quite a lot of mentions of what happens in those books. Which just made me want to read the series more.

Highly recommend the entire series, and highly recommend this short story. But, if you're particular about spoilers, read this where it belongs in the series. 



Tempt Me Eternally is about Aleaha Love and Breean Nu. Aleaha can change her appearance after she has skin-to-skin contact with someone. Breean is an alien. 
I've read some other books that go with this series and enjoyed them. I enjoyed this story. Though, there were a couple non-consensual bits that made me cringe a bit. Other than that, solid story and characters. Made me want to read the books I've read before again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment