Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Stephy Reading Challenge - Book 5

 


"Even Vampires Get the Blues" by Sandra Hill

On Archive of Our Own (my preferred website for my fan-fiction addiction), there is a tag "Crack Treated Seriously" and it popped into my head a lot while I was reading this book. Which, for those unaware, the tag basically means "I'm gonna take this ridiculous as fuck idea and treat it like it is a Serious Thing". Why did I think of that tag? Because this series is about Vikings that were turned into Vampire Angels by the Archangel Michael. This is not an insult to the book, the series or the author. Because I love this series and that tag. But, come on, that premise is fucking ridiculous. 

This book is paranormal about Harek Sigurdsson and Camille Dumaine. Harek is one of the Sigurdsson brothers that were originally turned into the Viking Vampire Angels to atone for their sinful nature. Each brother was pretty much the embodiment of one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Harek's sin was greed. Dude was a greedy fuck. 

Camille is a WEALS (in the WEALS? Whichever works), the sister unit to the SEALs. And she is bad-ass. I really liked Camille. She was funny, smart, and had a great personality all around.

This book was a fun read, with a few serious bits thrown in. The whole series is pretty fun, though it's been awhile since I've read some of the previous books. It has a great dose of humor, which I fully appreciate. I recommend this whole series to anyone that enjoys fun and humorous paranormal romance books with plenty of steamy sexy scenes.



No comments:

Post a Comment