Wednesday, April 24, 2024

6 Things I Did That Won't Get Their Own Post - Part 5

Hello There!

Got another post of things that won't get their own post.





Strange History


Fun read with random history trivia. I have a few books like this one and I really enjoy them.





The Berenstain Bears and the Galloping Ghost 
by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Basic Berenstain Bears chapter book. But! This


sent me for a bit of a loop. Just... a pair of bear brothers being sent to jail on a drug conviction in a children's book made me go a bit 😳






Ellie Jordan Ghost Trapper
by J.L. Bryan


This one actually deserves its own post, but... I finished it and then... sort of forgot I finished a book for a week, so by the time I realized I should do a blog post, I forgot a lot of details (this is a me issue, not a sign that the book was forgettable). This book was really good. It's the first in a series so now I have to go check out the other books.

Basic plot is that Ellie is a ghost trapper, she goes to haunted places and gets rid of ghosts basically. Book was well written and I liked the characters. Totally recommend this one.




Deviant
by Harold Schechter

A book about Ed Gein. Which, people need to stop calling him a serial killer. He killed two people. He's a murderer and a grave robber.

This book isn't bad. Not my favorite true crime book.




Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them


This book was kind of boring. I am a nerd and love books that just tell me about mythological creatures and such. And this was possibly the worst one I've read. I know it was just a tie in with the Harry Potter books, but it could have been done better. It was bad. No like. If you want a list of good books that are just encyclopedias of mythological beings and creatures, I can make that.




The Blair Witch Project (1999)

I have never seen this movie before. Saw it was on Roku and figured I should watch it. 
I want my hour and a half back.

I need to start assuming "most terrifying movie" means "Steph, you will be bored."

This movie was boring as shit. It was just three kids lost in the woods and yelling at each other about being lost in the woods.

Hated it. 0 Stars. Do not recommend.


 That's all for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment