Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Stephy Watched Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)

Hello There!

Today I will be rambling about The Clone Wars. Movie, not show... Nor the actual war... 

Warning, there might be spoilers ahead?


You're reckless, little one. You never would have made it as Obi-Wan's Padawan... but you might make it as mine.

-Anakin Skywalker


 About/Summary

Jabba the Hutt's son is kidnapped and (for some fucking reason) he contacts the Republic to ask (demand...) for Jedi help. Oh, and Anakin gets a Padawan.

Okay, so, this takes place after Attack of the Clones, and I've always treated it as an opening for the show. But... It might take place during the first season of the show? I am not 100% sure. If you want to watch everything in chronological order I would suggest looking up some lists for that. I know they exist. I am not that dedicated so I watched this before starting up the show. 


Content/Trigger Warnings

Death (a lot of unnamed clones die)

Child endangerment (baby Hutt is in danger, Ahsoka is still a child, and those clones are only, like, ten years old)


Tropes

Here is a list of tropes. Now, let me ramble about some.

Bait-and-Switch - The bit when it looks like maybe Threepio is kicking ass and not taking names and then it's revealed that it was a group of clones (which is obvious, really) made me laugh.

By Wall That is Holey - this is some silent movie shit and I am here for it.


Characters/Casting

Characters are fantastic. And I really liked the voice acting.


Writing

Writing is pretty good. It was written by Henry Gilroy, Steven Melching, and Scott Murphy. I feel like they got the Star Wars vibe pretty good. I would say it's a bit more light-hearted, but... Like, 15 clones die in the first few minutes. 


Plot

The plot is pretty good. The main plot is Anakin and Ahsoka rescuing the baby Hutt and returning him to Jabba. Obi-Wan is off doing something else. And Padme is trying to help, I think? 


Animation

I don't like this animation style. I'm sorry to everyone who did the animation for this, but I do not like the style. I don't think it's bad or anything, I'm just not a fan.

 

Costuming

I suppose... Is costuming a thing in an animated thing? Fuck it, I'm gonna talk about it. Costuming was fine. Padme's one outfit looks like one she wore in Attack of the Clones, but it can't be the same one since that one got damaged and turned into a nice little crop top. So, I suspect Padme has multiple copies of that white outfit and it is her "action" outfit.


How diverse is it?

Not very. I mean, most of the characters look identical.

I think I'm funny.


Overall Thoughts

Overall I enjoyed this movie. I do still question the logic of making Anakin responsible for another sentient being, but Jedi Order be like that. 

The movie is pretty good. And I do recommend checking it out and the series to any Star Wars fan that hasn't watched it. Or, ya know, be confused about so much in the new shows. Whatever you want. I don't control you.


That's all for this one. 
If y'all wanna toss some money my way via Ko-Fi, that would be awsome (disclaimer: All money received from now until January 1st will be used to buy my kid nerdy shit for Christmas and their birthday)
See y'all on Saturday to see what nonsense I got up to this week.
Oh yeah, and if you wanna yell about Star Wars, leave a comment, we can yell together.

No comments:

Post a Comment