Wednesday, November 15, 2023

6 Things I Did That Won't Get Their Own Blog Post

 Hello There!

I try to keep this blog pretty positive. So, if I watch or read something I either dislike or I just can't come up with a lot of good things to say about it, no blog post for it. But, negativity sells. Or something. Mostly I just like to share my thoughts, even though no one really wants that. And I will be clumping them together because I don't have enough thoughts about these things to fill out a whole blog post.

Now, let us begin.


Goosebumps: Say Cheese and Die 

by R.L. Stine

This book wasn't bad, really. Quite good for what it is. What it is being a horror story for kids. I just didn't want to focus an entire blog post to it. I mean... It's a story about kids going into an abandoned spooky house and stealing a camera. Then bad things start happening. Sorry kids, but you brought this on yourselves.


Goosebumps: How to Kill a Monster 

by R.L. Stine

Again, not a bad book. Quite good horror story for kids. I was just annoyed by the kids for most of the book and I sort of hope they got eaten in the end. Dog was okay though. And those grandparents, what the fuck? Oh, by the way, the book is about two kids who have to stay at their grandparents house while their parents go... off on a business trip? I can't remember. Grandparents tell the kids to stay out of a certain room. Which, of course the kids go into. And find a monster. And then the grandparents just kind of ditch the kids in the house with the monster.


Return to Salem's Lot

I watched Salem's Lot and figured I should watch this "sequel" as well. Nope. Just don't. It is bad. So bad. The main characters were... Some... Guy... And his son... I cannot remember their names. Let's just call them Asshole and Dipshit. Dipshit is in trouble so his mom sends him to live with his dad, Asshole. Or something. And... They go to Salem's Lot... For some reason? The whole thing was just bad. And not hilariously bad. Just bad.


The Way of the House Husband

I watched the anime. And fucking loved it. The basic plot is a retired gangster decides to become a househusband. And he takes his new job very seriously. I watched the entire anime twice in one day. Episodes are short and fun. Highly recommend if you like humorous anime with no real plot.


Stephen King's Rose Red

I love this movie... mini-series? Whichever. Anyway, basic plot is this: There is a haunted house, Rose Red. A college professor takes a group of psychics to try and get proof of... ghosts I guess? There is an autistic character in this, but I am not sure how good the representation is. I prefer haunted house horror movies to any other kind and this is a fun haunted house movie. It gives me Winchester House vibes. It's not a cinematic masterpiece, but a fun haunted house movie. Also, for some reason my brain thought the asshole professor and the asshole journalist student guy were having a secret affair. I think I've been reading too much fan-fiction...


Good Eats

I used to watch this show all the time when it was on Food Network. I'd just be channel surfing, see it was on and be like "Oh, let's see what Alton's cooking". It is a good show. I probably will never use any of his recipes, but he gives some good cooking tips. And he does it in a fun way. Totally recommend this show to people.


Well, that's all for this one. Go watch The Way of the House Husband. Don't watch Return to Salem's Lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment