Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Fanfic Writer Ask Game





I found this lovely fan-fiction writer ask game on Myth-Blossom's tumblr. And I am a horrible little thief and I stole it.

Ask games on Tumblr are basically you reblog a post with a bunch of questions, and your followers can send you a number (or emoji or whatever) and you answer the question. I used to reblog these things all the time but rarely got any asks. So I'll just answer all of them here. 




❤️ What is your favorite line that you’ve written in a fic?

“I’m going to buy you some lube so you can go fuck yourself.”

Pure gold, that line.


๐Ÿ’ฅ What is one canon thing that you wish you could change?

Natasha Romanoff wouldn't have died. She deserved a happy ending with her families.


✨️ Out of the comments you’ve received on your fics, what are two or three of your favorites?

Do not make me choose! I love all the comments I get on my fics.


๐Ÿ‘ป What is your wildest headcanon?

The headcanons I have aren't that wild. They're kind of boring, actually...


✍️ What’s your ideal writing setup?

Everyone (including pets) asleep. Me in a comfy chair, with headphones playing whatever music is inspiring me at the moment. Lights off. Laptop on full charge so I don't have to hunt for the charger. Notebook with notes from needed research at my side.


๐Ÿš€ Do you like to outline your fic first or create as you go?

Longer stuff I outline. My super short things I just wing it.


๐ŸŽ Have a piece of a WIP you want to share?

Have a bit from a random Witcher story I've been working on for, like, a year....

“And you, young lady,” the woman said kneeling down so she was eye level with Ilona. “I know another young lady your age that is always complaining that she needs new playmates. Sadly her uncles are always too busy. Or a bad influence.”

“I am a great influence!” Lambert said.

“He’s really not,” the woman said with a small smile.

“Mama says Jaskier is a bad influence too. But we still love him,” Ilona said.

All eyes went to the final Pankratz. Who was once again looking around the hall. He soon realized everyone’s attention was on him.

“The acoustics in here must be glorious,” he said.

“The what?” Geralt asked.

“Acoustics. How sound carries,” Jaskier said.

“Our son is a musician. Sometimes we fear the music just takes over his brain,” Saria said, a smile on her lips.


๐Ÿท Is there a tag you like to search for when looking for fanfics to read?

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I want some arranged marriage AUs, sometimes I'm in the mood for some soulmate AUs, sometimes I want some filthy smut, sometimes I want some domestic fluff.


⏰️ Do you like to post fics on a schedule or at random?

At random.


๐Ÿ‘“ What helps you focus when you write?

Music usually.


๐Ÿ’• What is your favorite fic that you’ve written?

Oh, I can't choose. I love them all.


๐Ÿ‡ Do you write for yourself, for others, or both?

I write things I find entertaining and would like to read. I'm glad others seem to enjoy my stuff as well.


๐Ÿฅณ Why did you start writing fanfic?

I thought it would be fun?


๐Ÿฆ‹ Which character is your favorite to write?

Jaskier is usually pretty fun to write. As is Clint Barton. 


๐Ÿฆˆ Which character is the toughest to write?

Thor. For some reason, I cannot write him in a way that I find suitable. Which is why he rarely shows up in my Marvel fics. I just can't seem to get him right. I love the character, but I just can't seem to do him justice so he's just not there. Or a silent observer. I need to work on it.


๐Ÿฌ Do you write for multiple fandoms? If yes, what is your favorite fic of yours for each fandom?

I do write for multiple fandoms. And no. I refuse to pick out my favorites. It would take me way too long to decide and then I would regret my decision at least five times before I actually get this posted and at least four more times after I post it. 


๐ŸŒป How often do you read your own fics?

I read them occasionally. Especially if I want to add a chapter or a story to the series. Or if someone comments with a part they loved and my shit memory is like "we wrote that? We should check..."


๐Ÿ“— Do you want to write something outside of fanfiction? If so, what about?

I have some original stuff that I want to finish. The plan is to do a series of short stories that take place on an island off the east coast of the U.S. And the island is inhabited by supernatural beings (vampires, shapeshifters, witches, sorcerers, demons, etc.) I want it to just be a bunch of slice-of-life stories about how they all interact and deal with normal humans.


๐ŸŽฌ If a movie or show were based on your fic, which fic would you choose and who would you fancast?

How about my Mass Effect stories with my Male Shepard, Trick? I would like a show that follows the chaotic good mess that is Trick Shepard. I have no fancast in mind. Though I think Seth Green should be Joker... For very obvious reasons.


๐Ÿ’ญ What inspires you and your writing?

A lot of random shit.


๐Ÿงช Do you research for your fics?

For my GingerAnn Challenges Herself series, no. Those are supposed to be quick and messy. But other stuff, yes. I research probably too much for my fan-fiction.


๐Ÿ˜Ž What fics do you prefer on a scale of canon compliant to wildly original?

Both. Both is good.


๐Ÿ’Ž Do you often write about a relationship or focus on an individual?

A relationship. Which I just realized. Huh.


๐Ÿ”ฅ Have you included any sexy scenes in your fics? If yes, do you find them easy or difficult to write?

Not really. Okay. Sort of. I have no faith in my smut writing skills so I haven't written any full on smut, but I have written some slight smut.


๐Ÿ’˜ Is it easier to write angst or fluff?

For me, fluff is easier.


๐ŸšฆWhat sort of endings do you prefer to write: ambiguous, bad, happily ever after, etc.?

Happily Ever After all the way.


๐Ÿ’กHow many WIPs do you currently have?

Oh ho ho ho. Too. Damn. Many. Is how many I have.


๐Ÿ”Ž Does anyone beta read or edit your fics?

Nope. I'm the only one to blame.


๐Ÿ“š Is there a fanfic or fanfic writer you recommend?

There are so many that I recommend. Sooooo many. But I'm gonna keep my rec lists on Tumblr for now...


๐Ÿคฉ What led to your interest in the fandom?

Which fandom now? Honestly don't answer that. I can't remember what got me into any of the fandoms that I might or might not be a part of.


๐Ÿค– Are non-fandom friends aware that you write fanfic?

Yep. They don't read it, and that's fine. But they are aware I do this weird, nerdy thing and that other people enjoy what I write.


๐Ÿ’› What is the most impactful lesson you’ve learned about writing?

Get the idea down, and then make it good.


๐Ÿ‘‘ Do you like writing short fics or long fics?

I am better at short fics, I think. I wish I could write longer fics. And I will continue to try.


๐ŸŽฏ Do you have a writing milestone you’re working towards?

Nope. 


๐Ÿ”ฎ Any advice for writers working through burnout or writer’s block?

I have none. Do you have any?


๐Ÿค” Would you ever want to write something canon if you got the opportunity?

Fuck yeah. I wanna annoy everyone with actual canon. 


๐Ÿ’Œ Is there a favorite trope you like to write?

Do soulmate AUs count as a trope? If so, that. If not... I dunno. 


๐ŸŽจ If someone were to make fanart of your work, what fic or scene would you hope to see?

All of it. Just fanart all of it. Any of it. Whatever you want. Art it up.


And done with that! Go check out my Archive of Our Own account to read my stuff. Give me kudos. I feed off kudos.



“Taking naps sounds so childish. I prefer to call them horizontal life pauses.”

No comments:

Post a Comment