Wednesday, October 5, 2022

30 Day Book Challenge (all at once)

 

Who loves nerdy 30 day challenges?
Me!
Who refuses to do them as they were intended?
Also me!
Enjoy these thirty questions about books that I probably spent too much time trying to answer.


1. Best book you read last year
I read a lot of good books in the past year. I think I read Red, White, and Royal Blue? Which was awesome and pretty new still. So, let's go with that one.

2. A book that you've read more than 3 times
I have read a lot of books more than 3 times but I'm gonna go with The Courtship of Princess Leia by Dave Wolverton

3. Your favorite series
So many good choices. I'm gonna go with the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands. Paranormal romance with great characters, solid plots, and a fantastic amount of humor.

4. Favorite book of your favorite series
Vampires are Forever. Okay, I love all the books in the Argenau series, but I remember reading the books for the first time and fell in love with Thomas, so his book became a favorite. 

5. A book that makes you happy
Witch and Wombat by Carolyn Cushman

6. A book that makes you sad
The entire Star Wars Expanded Universe (or I suppose it's called Legends now). Aside from a few that are actually sad, the reason is more that I spent over 20 years reading those books and falling in love with what all those writers did with the characters, so when it was officially announced to be not canon I was sad (still am) because I won't get any more of those. I'm not saying I'm against what is happening in the Star Wars universe now. I enjoy all of it well enough. But it's like I lost an old friend. I still have the books, the memories, but I'll never get anything new. Though... Towards the end there I was getting pretty depressed since they killed off a favorite character and had another go to the dark side... 

7. Most underrated book
Witch and Wombat by Carolyn Cushman

8. Most overrated book
The Fifty Shades of Grey books. I will admit that I never actually read them, but from what I have seen around, those books did not deserve all the publicity and praise they received. 

9. A book you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving
I'm not really sure. I guess Twilight? But I don't really "love" it. It was good for what it was. Not as shitty as people make it out to be. But also not as great as some people think it is.

10. Favorite classic book
Peter Pan.

11. A book you hated
I got nothing. There are books that I didn't enjoy, but I can't remember the titles or anything. Got more important things to remember.

12. A book you used to love but don't anymore
I can't think of any actual titles, but there have been a few romance novels that I enjoyed before, but now I find cringey as hell.

13. Your favorite writer
This question is always hard because there are so many that I love. But I'm gonna say Lynsay Sands because I love her mix of romance and humor. And I really liked how her vampires came to be. 

14. Favorite book of your favorite writer
Since I already talked about Lynsay Sands' Argeanu series, I'm gonna go with one of her other books for this one. Honestly, I don't have a favorite, but Lady Pirate was super good. 

15. Favorite male character
Bernie from Witch and Wombat.

16. Favorite female character
Hali from Witch and Wombat

17. Favorite quote from your favorite book
Don't have one. 🤷🏻‍♀️

18. A book that disappointed you
The last book in the Southern Vampire Mysteries series. I just... Why?

19. Favorite book turned into a movie
Are we going by my love for the book or my love for the movie or if it was adapted well? Because all of those are different answers. 

20. Favorite romance book
I'm just gonna go with any romances by Lynsay Sands.

21. Favorite book from your childhood
Either something from the Berenstain Bears or Little Critter series as a young child. A little older and it was the Wayside school books. 

22. Favorite book you own
Do not ask me to play favorites like that.

23. A book you've wanted to read for a long time but still haven't
Frankenstein. I just keep putting it off for some reason.

24. A book that you wish more people would've read
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

25. A character who you can relate to the most
I dunno. A hobbit from Lord of the Rings. Not like, Bilbo or Frodo or Sam or Pippen or Merry cause they are all brave and have big adventures. Some barely mentioned hobbit that just hangs out in the Shire eating and having a good time.

26. A book that changed your opinion about something
Mayflower Madam by Sydney Biddle Barrows

27. The most surprising plot twist or ending
I think Gone Girl had a hell of a twist. Thankfully I read it before it got spoiled for me.

28. Favorite title
Uh. I dunno. Love Bites by Lynsay Sands?

29. A book everyone hated but you liked
I have no idea what other people hate...

30. Your favorite book of all time
Uh. Uh. PASS!


And that's all I got for this week. See y'all next Wednesday 👋🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment