Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Stephy Read Star Wars Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege

 

Hawke is not amused. And my book is looking haggard... And yes... That is tape covering it. As a child that was how I repaired books.

 

Spoilers ahead

Because I refuse to shut up about things sometimes.


 About/Summary

The final entry in the Second Imperium arc in the Young Jedi Knights series. 

The Second Imperium attacks the Jedi academy on Yavin 4. To... stomp out the Rebellion or something. Fucking Empire is godsdamn stupid. Y'all lost, get over it.

 


Content/Trigger Warnings

Major Character Death (but it's just some of the villains so 🤷🏻‍♀️)

violence

 

Characters

Same bunch of characters as usual. A couple new very minor characters show up. Most don't get names. One did. He died.

 


Atmosphere/Setting

Book mostly takes place on Yavin 4. During a battle. So the atmosphere is a bit tense. And we get a bit more description of Yavin 4. Which, might have happened in previous books, but I can't remember. Do y'all know how many Star Wars books there are? I have been buying them since I was 10 and I am no where near close to having them all. Which makes me sad. Please send me money so I can buy Star Wars books. 



Writing

As with the other books in this series, the writing is good. A bit simplistic at times, but still good. 



Overall Thoughts

Great ending to this arc of the series. Tied up all those loose ends. Killed off some villains. Left plenty of openings for more to happen with the characters.

I do question including a Fake Emperor plot... Which I cannot remember if I mentioned before, but a couple books back, it is revealed that Palpatine is still alive. Supposedly. And when he goes to the Shadow Academy he refuses to see anyone. And then Brakiss discovers it was all a lie. I mean, it works in the books. The bad guys think the ultimate bad guy is still alive and they're gonna be back in power in no time at all. But, even as a kid I remember thinking it was a bit suspicious when no one was allowed to see him aside from his personal guards. Eh, I guess the bad guys were just looking for any bit of hope or whatever.

 

That's all for this one. Sorry it's a bit half-assed, but I told myself I couldn't start reading the next book until I got this wrote up. And I was super excited to start the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment