Wednesday, July 13, 2022

20 Questions About Books

 I always liked doing those survey things that you could fill out and post on your MySpace bulletin boards. Don’t see them on Facebook very often, which is fine, I tend to avoid Facebook. I found a few on Pinterest under fun blog posts or something like that. And I think this was one of them. Not overly positive. My memory sucks.


I got this from: Emily the Book Nerd


1. HOW MANY BOOKS IS TOO MANY BOOKS IN A SERIES?

It really depends on the type of series, in my opinion. I think if all the books are all focused on the same plot, five and under is a good number. But if it is just the same characters having different adventures, just keep going until the author runs out of good ideas.


2. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CLIFFHANGERS?

I don’t mind them. Prefer if I already have the next book ready for me, but sometimes I don’t. I don’t get angry, just a little frustrated, and do a lot of dramatic sighing. And excited to get the next book.


3. HARDCOPY OR PAPERBACK?

Paperback just because they are easier to carry around. And I always need a book on hand. I love how hardbacks look on my shelf with their cute little dust jackets. But they get heavy in my purse.


4. FAVOURITE BOOK?

Usually this question leaves me forgetting every book I ever read, but I decided recently that if I am asked this question I’m going to say Witch and Wombat by Carolyn Cushman. It is definitely one of my favorites, so I feel it is a good enough answer.


5. LEAST FAVOURITE BOOK?

The previous person put math textbooks which… yeah… But I also gotta add public school textbooks in general were pretty awful. Though, a West Virginia history textbook my kid had in eighth grade had a picture of the Mothman statue so it gets a pass. Cause, Mothman.


6. LOVE TRIANGLES, YES OR NO?


I am soooo fucking tired of love triangles. Unless you give me something new with the trope, I don’t want to read it. I almost stopped reading a Sabrina Jeffries (who's work I love) book because I thought it was going to be a love triangle. She changed the trope up and I really enjoyed the book. 


7. THE MOST RECENT BOOK YOU JUST COULDN’T FINISH?

Oh gees. Okay… There was a paranormal romance I started recently that I got a few chapters in before I just couldn’t. And there have been quite a few Kindle books that I noped the fuck out pretty quickly. I am at a point in my life where I refuse to waste my time with bad books. And especially since I read so much fan-fiction. If someone can write a fucking fantastic piece of fan-fiction and expect no compensation aside from a few nice comments, then you all can write better books that you expect me to pay for.


8. A BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?

Star Wars The New Essential Chronology by Daniel Wallace


9. LAST BOOK YOU RECOMMENDED TO SOMEONE?

I am not going to count any reviews I’ve done that say I recommend the book just cause it feels less personal or something. Instead I’m gonna go with Witch and Wombat. Went on a multi-text conversation with Ryan about how much I love the book and recommend he check it out.


10. OLDEST BOOK YOU’VE READ?

I could say the Bible, but I never finished it. It was badly written, y’all. Soooo… I don’t really know… I’m just going to say Carrie by Stephen King for the moment and know that I’m probably wrong.


11. NEWEST BOOK YOU’VE READ?

Uhhh… Well… I don’t know. I’m slow at everything so I rarely read a book when it first comes out. I am going to assume it was Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston.


12. FAVOURITE AUTHOR?

This is a tough one, but I am going to say Lynsay Sands. I have absolutely adored every book of hers I have gotten to read, though I have missed a few of her non-Argeneau series books. Need to remedy that…


13. BUYING BOOKS OR BORROWING BOOKS?

I buy books for the most part. I do occasionally borrow books from friends. I used to go to the local library constantly when I was younger, but… It is not a great library for various reasons.


14. A BOOK YOU DISLIKE THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LIKE?

I don’t know. What do other people like?


15. BOOKMARKS OR DOGEARS?

Bookmarks usually, but I have dogeared pages of books.


16. A BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS REREAD?

Witch and Wombat… Okay, look, it’s a great book.


17. CAN YOU READ WHILE HEARING MUSIC?

Yeah. I have conditioned myself to be able to read under any circumstance.


18. ONE POV OR MULTIPLE POVS?

If it’s well written, it doesn’t matter to me.


19. DO YOU READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING OR OVER MULTIPLE DAYS?

Depends on a couple different things. If it sucks me in and I got nothing else going on, I can read a book in one sitting. But sometimes I will put off finishing a really good book because I don’t want it to end.


20. ONE BOOK YOU READ BECAUSE OF THE COVER.

I haven’t read it yet, but I pretty much bought The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates the other day because the cover had a picture of a spooky-looking house on it. I read the blurb before I decided to buy it, but I only picked it up because of the cover.


That's all for this week. See y'all next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment