Wednesday, January 26, 2022

6 More of My Most Hated Parts in My Favorite Video Games

Spoilers for Mass Effect 3, Arkham Knight, and Dragon Age 2.

To see this post with some nifty gifs, check out my Tumblr


 Using the Apple of Eden in any of the Assassin’s Creed games.

I came here to stab things, not use some magic object that even after all this time I still can’t fucking figure out.

Okay. It's pretty easy to figure out. Push a button and watch as things happen. But, again, I came here to stab things...



Mordin’s death in Mass Effect 3.


There are a lot of sad deaths in my favorite video games. But for some reason, Mordin’s death still hits me as hard as it did the first time I played the game. And even though his death is heartbreaking to me, I always cure the genophage. It’s what he would want. 



Tank battle in Arkham Knight.


I love you Jason. I do. But I am going to shove that fucking tank up your ass piece by fucking piece. 

I think this whole thing is actually called "Destroy the Cloudburst". But... In my head, it's the tank battle. And I hated every minute of it. Especially that moment when I got respawned and got killed before I could even fucking move.



The Murder Trial on Manaan in Knights of the Old Republic.


It was just all-around fucked up and I hated every second of it.  I think I got executed a few times trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. It was hell and I hated it. Can I go back to Dantooine and solve that murder? It was way less annoying.



All That Remains in Dragon Age 2.


I’m not a huge fan of Leandra Hawke, she was cool, but not one of my favorite video game

mothers (yes, I have a list of those). But I haaaated this quest. The first time I thought if I just went fast enough, solved it quick enough, it would be okay. But it wasn’t. It never was. And no matter how many times I play this game, my brain always seems to think if we just go fast enough we can save our video game mom. And every time we fail. And we’re sad.



Anytime I have to drive/pilot/be an eagle/ride a horse.


Oh gods. There is a reason I do not play racing games. It just ends badly for all involved. Mostly me. 

Remember that bit in Assassin's Creed III when you were an eagle and had to just simply fly and not hit too many trees? Guess who hit too many trees? Me.

I got three canoes stuck in Assassin's Creed: Liberation the first time I played that game. Three. Within in an hour of learning I could use a canoe.

I loved the MAKO in Mass Effect just because I could blame my bad driving on the clunky controls. But really, it was me.

I think I used the mounts in Dragon Age: Inquisition twice. Mostly cause I couldn't fucking ride a horse. Or any of those other cool-looking mounts that were offered. I did get all of them. They just... hung out at Skyhold...



No comments:

Post a Comment