Thursday, March 19, 2020

Stephy's Recommendations While You're Stuck Inside

So, you’re stuck not doing social activities for the foreseeable future. Man, that sucks. I mean, for other people. I spent years avoiding social activities so I’m prepared for this. And for those less prepared, I got a list of random cool things I’m into that I highly recommend checking out.

Read my stuff on AO3. What? Self-promotion is healthy or some shit. Rrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaad myyyyyyyy shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiit.

Elementary. For those that don’t know, it is a Sherlock Holmes show with some slight twists on the classic. The main one being Watson is a woman. A beautiful, badass woman that deserves all the praise. Even Sherlock thinks so. It is by far my favorite Sherlock Holmes related thing that isn’t the original books. Available on Hulu.

Schitt’s Creek. This show is simply the best. It focuses on the Rose family, who were once super rich, but then their business manager screwed them over and they lost everything. They end up in Schitt’s Creek, some small town with no culture. Or much of anything really. It is funny, heartwarming, and has one of the best love stories I have ever seen on screen. I also feel this show is appropriate for kids around 11 and above. If you don’t mind them hearing some “bad” language. I’m gonna make Short Round watch it while she’s off school. First five seasons are on Netflix (sixth season is still airing).

The Assasin’s Creed series. These games are not only fun, but they’re also educational! Not even joking. You go through history, playing as different assassins. And the historical stuff that’s mentioned? It’s mostly true. Just take out the assassins and templars, and yep, that’s pretty much what happened. I highly recommend starting at the beginning, but if that’s not feasible, find a video that explains what happens in the games you missed so you don’t miss anything.

Zefrank videos on YouTube. His animal videos are some of the best things I have ever seen.

Scared to Death and Timesuck podcasts. So far I’ve just watched the Scared to Death videos, but I fell in love with them about a minute into the first one. Scared to Death is just Dan Cummins and his wife Lynze talking about spooky and scary things. It is great.

Bedtime Stories on YouTube. This channel covers a variety of stories that range from cryptids, mysterious deaths, conspiracy theories, and hauntings and they’re presented as a visual storybook. It’s almost like this guy is reading a bedtime story (eeeehhh, *nudge nudge* I’m hilarious) to me.



What We Do in the Shadows. A vampire comedy. And that is really all the reason you need to watch both the movie and TV show. Oh, how about Taika Waititi? Oh, you want to know what it’s about? Okay, so a group of vampires are being filmed by a documentary crew. Hilarity. Show is on Hulu. I think the movie is on Amazon Prime, not sure.



The Fraction Hawkeye run. Clint Barton is a mess. He’s a disaster. A dumpster fire. But hey, he has a dog. And a protege that might or might not be better than him. Also, Hawkeye vs. Deadpool is great.

Riodanverse books. These are young adult books but work for everyone if a kid is smart (Short Round started reading them in third grade) or the adult isn’t a douchebag (I read and love them). The books start with Percy Jackson and the Olympians, which features a kid, Percy Jackson, dealing with the fact that he is a demigod (a child of a god for those unaware). That set deals with Greek Mythology. Other series that take place in the universe cover other mythologies. I honestly cannot remember what has been covered and what hasn’t as it has become so vast. I remember Egyptian, Norse, Roman… And now there are new writers writing more books that all take place in the same universe. If you watched the Percy Jackson movies, I highly suggest you read the books. They are 6000 times better. If you haven’t watched the movies, I suggest skipping them if you expect them to follow the books.

And that’s ten. Stay tuned cause I might make more recommendations in the future. Okay, I will cause I love talking about cool shit I like.

Everyone stay safe, wash your hands, don’t hoard things and punch anyone that doesn’t respect personal space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment