Tuesday, April 4, 2023

What I'm Watching

 What I’m Watching…

Photo by Nothing Ahead


Just a quick refresher for anyone that forgot:

With the new year, I got back into scheduling what I watch. By that I mean, each day I focus on one streaming service or watching DVDs/blu-rays I own. I started doing this years ago and it really helped me to actually finish watching shows instead of just starting something and then going back and watching random shit on YouTube for the next month. Which is what I’ve been doing for the past year, really. So, I’m going to start some posts talking about what I’m watching for each day and my thoughts, and my expectations to actually finish it.


Note: I sort of fucked up with these posts. I made this post about a month ago. Which means, I'm not watching most of this stuff now. And with my other posts, these keep getting pushed around. It doesn't seem right to post what I'm watching when I'm not watching it. So, over the next few days I'm going to post the ones I have ready. Then, I will start fresh and post the What I'm Watching posts as I finish the round or whatever it is. Regular posts will still be on Wednesdays. But every few days, a What I'm Watching will pop up. I will also do the occasional deep dive into something I watched. So if there's anything you want me to ramble about more, leave me a comment and I'll see what I can do. 


Disney+

Still no Disney+. 


DVD/blu-ray

Castle Rock

Just watched the first season. Which… Oh, gods I am going to need someone smarter than me to explain that shit to me. I’m still confused. I’ve watched that show two or three times now and I have questions. Sadly, Ryan (who I usually demand to explain things to me) hasn’t watched the show so I’m going to stay confused for a while. I still love the show. Don't get me wrong. I'm just confused on a few details.

Oh, a super cool thing about the show? Well, for me at least… There were a lot of scenes shot at the West Virginia State Penitentiary in Moundsville, West Virginia. I’ve been there. A couple times. And it was super awesome to watch the show and be like “I know that place! I sat there!”


DVR

I think I skipped DVR day this time. 


HBO Max

The Looney Tunes Show

Finished it again. Browsed through other shows. Went back to the Looney Tunes. I seriously don’t know what it is about this show. I just can’t stop watching it right now.


Hulu

Bob’s Burgers

I need to get back to Elementary, but I was super tired this week so I went with easy shows. Basically shit I don’t have to pay attention to. And Bob’s Burgers is high on the list of shows like that.


Netflix

Haunted

Okay, this show was okay. Someone tells some spooky story to their friends and family and there are reenactment bits. The reenactment bits were pretty good. After I finished all three seasons of the show, I was like “Oh, there is a Latin America version. I’ll check that out.” It’s in Spanish. Duh. And… I let it play. By that point in the evening, I was mostly just reading fan-fiction in bed, so it wasn’t like I was going to pay attention to anything I put on so I figured this was as good as anything else I could have put on. 


PlutoTV

Garfield and Friends

Addams Family

The old Addams Family show is fucking great. I adore it. So when I saw it was on PlutoTV I had to watch it for a while.


Prime

Bunch of random spooky shows

Been in the mood for spooky shows, so I just watched some random sort of ghost-hunting shows on Prime. All I can remember is a couple were about some haunted houses in Saginaw, Michigan. 


Roku

Bunch of Random Spooky Shows

Just couldn’t stop myself. Found a couple good ones. 


Tubi

Boogeymen: Monsters Among Us

Paranormal Captured

Finished Boogeymen, which made me sad. It was a pretty good show. Still recommend it to anyone that is interested in cryptids.

Started Paranormal Captured, which seemed part people reacting to various videos and pictures of supposed paranormal thing, and part ghost hunting show. It was interesting enough. 


VUDU

Supernatural

Internet crapped out halfway through the first episode I tried to watch. Gave up. 


YouTube

Darkness Prevails - Watched/listened to a few videos from Darkness Prevails. This channel is basically a dude reading spooky stories. Good narrator voice. Some good stories. Recommend it to anyone that likes to listen to spooky stories.

CJUGames - Watched a few videos from CJU. I have mentioned my love for him before. And I refuse to not show him love.

Casual Geographic - How an Island Created the World’s Ugliest Monkey

This got put on the kiddo’s science playlist. Video was informative and entertaining. Talked about why some animals are “ugly”. Those goats though… Like, what the fuck. Satan goats…

Heavy Spoilers - THE SHINING Breakdown | Ending Explained, Easter Eggs, Hidden Details & Things You Missed

Interesting video. Bit of a deep dive into the Shining movie. 

Nuke’s Top 5

Love this guy’s spooky video collections. He’s a great narrator. I enjoy his humor. And the spooky videos are always fun.

North of the Border - I made the Tooth Fairy sitting on a sofa made of teeth

This shit was nightmare fuel and I fucking loved it. Adam (he makes tiny nerdy things) always makes me laugh while he makes the tiny nerdy things. And I like that.



There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others

-Randal Graves - Clerks

No comments:

Post a Comment