Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Stephy Reading Challenge - Book 7

 


(pictured with Wicket, the reluctant book stand)


Seduce the Darkness by Gena Showalter

An Alien Huntress Novel


Bride is a vampire, and as far as she knows, she's the only one on Earth.

Devyn is the King of the Targons, an alien race, who after discovering space travel decided they wanted to rule themselves. They let him keep the title though.

Bride just wants to survive and find her friend Aleaha.

Devyn just wants to have sex with pretty much every woman he comes across. 

Then they meet each other.

Bride was a good character. Smart, witty, and stubborn. I didn't get annoyed by her at all. And I empathized with her choice. 

Devyn... Devyn is a lovable asshole. He was a womanizer, but he was upfront about just being in it for sex and only sex. I liked that. Yeah, he sleeps with any woman that he wants, but he doesn't lie to do so. Respect. 

I loved the banter between Devyn and Dallas. Give me more dudes being friends and acting like a married couple at points. 

Bride and Devyn's relationship went from "eeeehhhhh" to "fuck they're adorable" pretty quickly for me. Their banter and inside jokes, y'all *heart eyes*

I was almost crying at the end because there were only a few pages left and shit was not looking good. But happy ending for Bride and Devyn! So yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment